Friday 18 April 2014

Development of Information Design (part 1/3)



Here are all of the fonts/logos for the TV shows I watched. I want to use them in my information design to show the individuality of each show and use the variety of fonts used to make it look more attractive. It may also make it easier for people to recognise a show if it is in the logo/font.

Here I resized each logo to fit into the guidelines

I then reorganised them into the year they were made to give more information

Then I added the coloured squares to each show that belongs to a certain category
Some TV shows will belong to less genres in the first pie chart than others but all have a designation to the 5 categories in the second pie chart

 I added captions to each category in the same font as the labels to give it a uniform look.

Here I drew (using the paintbrush tool) to get a look at the possible ways I could have the lines. I think that this one is too messy and the lines are too thick so I will be trying a thinner line that is more straight (geometric)

I also made the canvas longer and thinner to allow more vertical space for the lines to go to their origin point.


So I placed two rectangles to act as guide lines for where the lines would bend to go in their directions. I think this looks a lot cleaner and easier to understand but I think I should only use straight lines instead of having them curve at the bottom.


Here is the final design for the first pie chart I think it looks funky and would attract your eye to find out where the lines end up. Also even if you don't want to follow the lines you can just look at the key to find out which colour it is assigned to.

I found the second one a lot more difficult as there were much more lines and categories to get to. I found myself running out of space so I had to get more creative in how the lines would reach their origin points but I think it is still relatively easy to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment